We are a technology and research company based in Edinburgh specialising in the development of automated trading systems that learn continually. We are always looking for leading talent to add to our team, searching for individuals that have an intellectual curiosity and demonstrate a highly disciplined approach to research.
PhD and Post-Doctoral Internships are available throughout the year for machine learning research. These typically last 3-6 months, and can potentially lead to a full time position.
In addition, we welcome collaboration with machine learning research departments from academic Institutions around the world. Eligible joint-projects would involve researchers at the PhD and Post doctoral level only.
For both of the above, experience in the following areas is required
- Numerate or quantitative academic background (preferably computer science/engineering), at PhD level, coupled with research experience.
- Strong programming skills - object oriented.
- Strong knowledge of machine learning and/or optimisation, including (but not limited to): bio-inspired and evolutionary computing, probabilistic modelling, heuristic algorithms, artificial immune systems, learning classifier systems, data mining, ant/eagle/bee algorithms, complex systems, rule-based on-line learning systems, agent-based systems, computational economics.
- Java programming experience (preferably in large scale, high performance, multi-threaded Linux/Unix environments).
Knowledge of one or more of the following areas is advantageous
- Experience in various stages of software development life cycle such as requirements gathering, drafting technical specifications, development, testing, and post-implementation support.
- High-frequency data analysis and mathematical skills.
- Financial data research, time-series analysis and/or portfolio construction.
- Systems modelling, signal detection in experimental data.
- Familiarity with databases, systems modelling and statistics.
- Multi threading coding, Linux and Perl skills and source control.
What is not required
- Previous knowledge or experience in financial modelling or trading applications.
- A suit. We operate in a friendly and relaxed environment of highly skilled International researchers. Dress as you feel comfortable.
- Communication skills. Most of our team members do not speak English as first language and this is ok too. The common languages are concepts, coding and numeracy.
Please upload your CV, cover letter and your research project/intentions using the form below and we will review and get back to you.
for additional information about how we store and process your data, as well as information about your data protection rights.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE